Brush Pediatric & Family Dentistry and our team here in Enid, OK, would like to wish you a happy holiday season. If you haven’t already done so, it is important to establish a checklist of an oral health care to determine if you’re doing everything you can to prepare your smile for a bright and shining new year. It is essential to focus on cleaning tactics, lifestyle habits, and your diet, as they all play a large role in your oral health. Here are a few tips to improve your overall healthcare:
– Always make sure to floss at least once per day.
– Consider using an alternative cleaning utensil such as mouthwash daily.
– Limit between-meal snacks, as they can increase the rate at which tooth decay occurs.
– After eating, try to use a cleaning product to help limit the damage of harmful acids.
– Focus on eating a healthy and nutritious diet that includes all five main food groups.
– Always make sure that when brushing your teeth to also brush your tongue, preferably with a toothbrush or a tongue scraper.
– Avoid unhealthy habits that can severely hinder your oral health, including smoking and chewing tobacco.
– Try to avoid products and medications that can greatly increase your risk for dry mouth, a known cause of gum disease and other oral ailments.
– Regularly schedule checkups and oral examinations with your dentist.
If you think you need an oral exam and professional cleaning, please call Brush Pediatric & Family Dentistry so we can get you in to see Dr. Chris Fagan and our team as soon as possible. Our office is conveniently located in Enid, Oklahoma. To reach us, call our office at 580-233-0043.